Friday, July 16, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.

I really enjoyed working with Animoto, Jing, Flickr Creative Commons, and Google Reader. I think that I would use Animoto again to make another short video clip for another Science or Social Studies unit. It was the easiest of all of the other movie making programs I've tried.

2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I feel more comfortable with some of the websites and programs now. I would try and use them more often in the classroom. I don't think I would if I hadn't taken this online course.


3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?


Yes, definitely. I was surprised when I caught myself enjoying the movie making process. I honestly did not think I would. The other part that surprised me was that I actually started using Google Reader for my personal stuff; I thought it was really user-friendly. In all, I can say that I am more technologically aware that I still have a long way to go, but I have the essential tools that I acquired from this online course to help me grow into becoming a better 21st century educator.

4 comments:

  1. Amei seu blog, Clarinha...sua cara!!! Muitas saudades, querida!! Vc tem planos de vir nos visitar? Pode ficar aqui em casa, seria um prazer.
    bjs, amiga (a Sophia manda um beijo bem babadinho, heheheh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oi aline!! obrigada!! mas, eu quero ser que nem vc quando crescer, colocar coisas de artesanato!! ;) a Sophia eh uma gracinha!! to pensando em voltar em dezembro pra passear, vamos ver.. a gente vai se falando! bjinhos pra vcs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing all the tools! I'm so glad you enjoyed the process and feel more comfortable with the technologies involved. I can tell by the quality of your posts and products on your Blog that you are ready to hit the road running!

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the feedback Millie! It has been a great learning experience!

    ReplyDelete