Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tool # 3 Image Generators & Mashups

Choose two different image generators or mashups and create a sample of each. Post your samples on your blog. Briefly explain how these samples would be used and how they might add to the learning process in your classroom.

For this tool, I worked with Animoto to make a video on the Life Cycle of the Monarch Butterfly, and with Glogster to make a poster on American symbols. All pictures were taken from Flickr Creative Commons. Since in the primary grades, we talk about life cycles and American symbols, I would incorporate these two tools in the Science and Social Studies curriculum, respectively.

Metamorphosis - This video would be fun to show my students at the beginning of a lesson as an attention getter or a hook.


US Symbols - I would use this poster to check for the students' understanding at the end of the unit.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Animoto - the song was perfect! I bet your students would really enjoy learning about metamorphosis by watching it.

    Millie

    p.s. I appreciate that you used Creative Commons pictures to avoid copyright problems! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute slideshow (love the visuals and song)! The students will certainly enjoy this, too. I also like your arrangement of pictures for your US symbols project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Chen...we chose the same avatar, hair and scarf! Great minds think alike. Your blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete