Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tool # 7 Digital Storytelling

Create a PhotoStory or I-Movie. Include pictures, music, and text and/or voice-over in your digital story. Upload the finished product to your blog.




I had fun creating this video, even though it was quite time consuming... First, I took a look at the First Grade Science Unit and chose the topic. Then, I went to Flickr Creative Commons, and downloaded different pictures of bees. Next, I put them in sequence using PhotoStory. The program also allowed me to add text on specific pictures, incorporate background music, and voice record my digital story. For some odd reason, I could not upload it as a wmv file, so I uploaded it on YouTube, and embedded it from there. I plan on using this video when I get to the Insects unit. I hope to inspire my students to want to know more about insects and other animals.

I think it would be interesting to use digital story in the classroom as a fun way to check students' understanding. One venue would be to have each student choose an insect that they liked the best, take pictures of them, and record them narrating the facts about the particular insect.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how your video turned out! Great job! The process really does seem lengthy but once you explained the steps, they made sense. And now that you've made this first video, it will hopefully be easier to make many other. Watching your video makes me excited about all the possibilities of using this tool in the classroom. As an intervention teacher, I can see myself using this to share different reading decoding and comprehension strategies with my students. I'm eager to try to make such a video when I get to this tool. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete