1. Discuss some of the free educational apps you reviewed.
Some of the free apps that are appropriate on school iTouchs include Google Earth, Sudoku, USA Factbook, and NASA. These apps are excellent for lessons on maps, the solar system, problem solving, and others.
2. Discuss ways your students could use the iTouch or iPad and appropriate apps in your class.
In a primary grade classroom, I would use the iTouch as additional practice for concepts learned in class. Instead of giving them paper and pencil, students would be able to use problem solving skills, strategies, and visual-spatial skills to make spelling words, solve puzzles, make different shapes, etc using the iTouch.
There are some great free apps on the iTouches that are well suited for kinder-age kids. The ones I have loaded on the library iTouches include ABC Phonics, 123 Funtime, Bee Free Sight Words, Matching Zoo and 123 Counting. Have you seen these?
ReplyDeleteMillie
No, I haven't, but maybe you can show me later, and I can play with them a little so I know how they work.
ReplyDelete