Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tool #5 Tagging and Social Bookmarking

1. Browse through both sites and use tags to find two websites new to you. Join one of the sites so that you may add and share information of your choice.

For this assignment, I joined Diigo and found different websites related to Bilingual Education and Elementary Education. One of them is called Colorin Colorado, and I found it using tags such as bilingual, Spanish, ESL. Another one is called StoryPlace: The Children's Digital Library, and has different e-books online. I really like it, since it has stories in both English and Spanish, and I could use this during story time.

2. Briefly describe how social bookmarking will be useful in your classroom.

I believe that Social Bookmarking is one additional way to find resources easily, and to share information with fellow colleagues and your PLN members. It will be very useful in the classroom setting.

1 comment:

  1. I have created a Delicious bookmarking site for use by our students next year. I love the StoryPlace site you found and I plan on adding it to my list too. Thanks for sharing!

    Millie

    ReplyDelete